Sunday, June 5, 2016

Don't worry, be happy

When I started making cakes, about 3.5 years ago, the giant cupcake cake was all the rage and I too thought it was awesome. So I jumped on the bandwagon and gave it my all.

I was tremendously proud of this cake I made about 6 months into my cake making venture. 

(By the way, do you like the picture? The lighting and the wall in the back are wonderful, aren't they? Chuckle.)

Still, I was quite surprised when someone asked me to recreate it. Shocked really, and also kind of scared...





I haven't make a giant cupcake in years. What if I didn't see an improvement in the characters or technique?




 What if the cake was actually LESS good than the original?




What if the client is super disappointed and thinks that the original wasn't even made by me, since I couldn't even manage a simple giant cupcake cake???

Breathing into a paper bag over here.




No pressure. 

Just, you know, my whole reputation resting on my jet lagged, haven't made a cake in a month, was enjoying myself on a cruise just a few days ago, why am I here, shoulders.

I got this, right?





Maybe I was overreacting.

I actually quite like how the cake turned out. I was able to add more figures and they have more character, more of a story to tell than the old ones.

And the crocodile. I kind of love him. He knows what he is doing. He's holding the happy sign up.

He gets it. 

Don't worry, be happy.








No comments:

Post a Comment