Sunday, January 29, 2017

Making Memories

A little piece of info about moi... making cakes for clients scares the bejeezus out of me.

I am a nervous cake decorator and having strangers count on me to give their big day that extra special touch is very daunting and I see it as a great responsibility. 

No order is a breeze for me, ever.




I really want these people to be happy they chose me to help them celebrate and for them to remember my creations as an integral part of what made their day perfect.

Pressure much?




I am my own punching bag, I do realize. 

My clients have expectations...but my interpretation of what they could be probably reaches farther dimensions of one's imagination. 

Like Alice's wonderland...the scary bits.






Client expectations as interpreted by me : 

-Has to be incredibly tasty and amazing 

-Cake has to be perfectly executed

-Colors have to match invitation perfectly (or if given free reign on colors, have to combine them amazingly)

-Idea has to be original especially if the theme is common

-Has to have as many details as possible, without looking overdone

-Has to create a lifetime of memories






Actual client expectations : 

-Please make me a nice tasty cake

Um, what? 





But I saw the little girl's face when her parents came with her to pick up the goodies. Wonder.

I think this could be a memory making cake.





No comments:

Post a Comment