Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Friendship


Hello...my name is Heidi, and I am a hermit.

Oh yes, don't be fooled. 

I have a husband and a daughter, I live in a nice apartment  not a shack in the woods and I don't have a beard...yet, but I am nonetheless, someone who does prefer my alone time. 

I would stay cooped up at my place for days and talk to no one if I could. 

I can't, can I? No? Sigh...

(In case you are wondering though, if I ever did live in a forest, it would have to look like this... I covered the cake using McGreevy Cakes awesome Birch Tree Cake Video Tutorial)




But I know why I can't.

It's because every once in awhile,  this hermit actually encounters an other human being and feels a real connection. Someone to have a laugh with, who shares the same interests.

Like trying to grow cupcake mushrooms and lollipop flowers...





I made a lot of acquaintances when I started baking. Some more  casual, some more important.

Baking is what brought me to this friend.



I am glad it did. 

Not only does she have a kick ass shop here in Switzerland, where I am constantly leaving all my pocket money at, but she is a gal's gal, you know? 

She is the type of friend who shares your laughs and supports you when you are making life decisions. She is the gal who makes you stop doing something stupid, like sending a letter wrapped up in dog poop to someone you really don't like.

Now this cute little gnome would not like to deliver a letter wrapped in dog poop... only candy and chocolate for this little guy.





So this here hermit is learning to mellow in her old age... 

She is prettying up her forest for more guests to come visit.

After all, what's a life without a few friends eh?  

Well, kind of like a letter wrapped in dog poop. 




Here is a little tutorial on how I made the little fairies :)

Firstly, I bought some very cute clipart right here.

I used my awesome Massa Ticino Sugarpaste mixed with CMC to make it dry hard.





Legs and arms : 


Body :


Wings :


Stick the toothpick through one of the leg holes and through the head, that is your support if you choose to make her stand.


Here she is :)



She is sure to pretty up your forest.

xx




No comments:

Post a Comment